Zimbabwe’s major churches and representatives from the southern African region have seconded teams to observe the July 30 general elections.
The Church teams join dozens of international observers from across the globe invited to witness the presidential, parliamentary and council polls.
The following local and regional church bodies have been accredited to observe the elections:
- Zimbabwe Council of Churches (ZCC)
- The Catholic Commission for Justice and Peace in Zimbabwe (CCJPZ)
- Inter-regional Meeting of Bishops of Southern Africa (IMBISA).
IMBISA is composed of Catholic leaders from Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Sao Tome e Principe, South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.
- Evangelical Fellowship of Zimbabwe (EFZ)
- Association of Member Episcopal Conferences in Eastern Africa (AMECEA).
- Symposium of Episcopal Conferences of Africa and Madagascar, (SECAM) or French: Symposium des Conférences Épiscopales d’Afrique et de Madagascar which is an agency of the Catholic Church which includes the bishops of Africa and Madagascar.
- Union for the Development of Apostolic Churches in Zimbabwe (UDACIZA)
Factsheet compiled by Br. Alfonce Kugwa, director, Zimbabwe Catholic Social Communications.